March 7th, 2012 is Holi! It is first a Hindu spring festival celebration but it is also known as the festival of colours. The main day is celebrated by people throwing scented powder and perfume at each other. Bonfires are lit on the eve of the festival (more info on Wikipedia).
Now compare how a movie showed Holi in 1981 (“Silsila“):
With a movie showing a Holi celebration in 2010 (“Action_Replayy“):
In Belgium, at least two celebrations are planned:
- one in Leuven, organised by ISAL, on March 10th, 2012;
- the other one in Brussels, organised by InBAG, on March 24th, 2012.
I wish you a very happy New Year 2012! Lots of things happened since 6 years (since I started this blog) and lots of things happened in this last year too. I’m sure it is the same in your life. I hope you will have lots of new discoveries in 2012 as well as a healthy and strong life, full of happiness!
If I look back, the top 5 posts this year were:
- Human Development Index 2011
- Adobe Flash Player update: qui fait le malin tombe dans le ravin
- Aaron Swartz versus JSTOR (btw there isn’t any news about this case since then)
- Yesterday was International Day of Older Persons
- Today is World Population Day
I missed a lot of things recently, like the closing ceremony of the International Year of Chemistry (December 1st), the UN World AIDS day (December 1st), the World day bacterial resistance awareness (November 18th) and the UN World Diabetes Day (November 14th). Maybe next year …
There is no point writing down the top 5 keywords that lead to this blog: they are all related to the HDI (Human Development Index).
Although I like to read about other people’s predictions for 2012 (and the coming years), I won’t do any: it’s up to you to act and do something you want to be part of 2012 🙂 Happy New Year!