Some interesting links for today (didn’t had time to read everything, that’s why I’m storing them here):
- Java boutique has a in-depth review of NetBeans 5.5
- Java Practises has a small tip about implementing toString in Java
- A new (very important 😉 ) feature of Java 6: the splash-screen functionality. Another interesting thing is that Java DB (Derby) is integrated by default.
- About databases, David Coldrick’s Weblog hosts an interesting discussion about H2 -vs- Derby databases
- The Java Plug-in Framework Project
- Besides Design Patterns, OpenSubsystems released the Open Patterns, a repository of common application functionality patterns …
Some links about companies:
- Ed Sim has two articles about the relationships an entrepreneur should have in general and with his/her venture capitalist
- Union Square Ventures has a note about founders and management
- Finally, it’s good to look at Alexandre’s notes about operating a company. His ideas are more likely like mine.
And, finally, two lighter websites:
- Food for thought, a blog with recipes and links to other recipes. Yummy!
- Pixelgirl website with kind-of “web 2.0” icons/desktop images.